Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Serving Up Autumn

Over this past weekend, not only did I add the bronzy mirror to the dining room, I also brought in a serving cart that has been living in the attic, and dressed it up for Fall.


In keeping with the neutral and organic theme I'm using in the dining room this season, I set up this vignette...


I used mostly cream and off white pieces with some neutral colored, outdoorsy finds. And for a little sparkle and formality, I  added mercury glass and silver.


I've been using these Burr Oak acorns for years in my fall decor, they came from the Fort Worth Zoo where our daughter used to work.


The abandoned birds nest came out of our little Post Oak tree in the front yard.


I love mixing organic with the refined, like the birds nest on top of a mercury glass candle holder, it's unexpected, much in the same way this basket of twigs sitting under an antique serving cart is.


On the shelf, I placed a simple stack of silver trays and chargers, with rolled white linen napkins tied with twine.


The giant mercury glass acorn ornament came from World Market, I use it in various vignettes from Fall until Spring.


For height, I filled the tall artisan vase with just a few branches of pussy willow and curly willow. The round beaded mirrors with tarnished silver frames are from Hobby Lobby.


The serving cart has a Burl wood inlaid top, turned legs,  gold painted handles, and very squeaky wheels.




I'm really enjoying this autumn season, especially after a summer of record breaking temperatures here in North Texas, I just love layering different textures, tone on tone colors, and over dressing my tabletops this time of year.


I hope you are all enjoying this Autumnal season. along with all the natural beauty it brings




No comments:

Post a Comment