Thursday, 10 November 2011

House Dressing is for sale!

Not the blog of course... but the house!



I have had a laundry list of things to do before the listing, such as....
1. Interview real estate agents.
2. Clean out and reorganize every closet, cabinet and drawer in the house.
3. De-personalize, by removing family photos, and personal items.
4. De-clutter, by removing excess furniture, overly decorative and ornate items.
5. Neutralize the rooms by removing all specific color schemes, heavy patterns and replace 'dated and tired' decor, for more modern items with clean lines.
6. Start packing rarely used and seasonal items.
7. Donate unused items to charity.
8. Trim and cut back all spent foliage, dress planting beds with mulch and plant seasonal flowers.

And THAT'S why I have not been posting! The list is not totally completed, I still have yard work to do and I need to start cleaning out all the storage cabinets in the garage, but I feel like a have a big enough handle on it, to get back into posting and visiting all my blog friends again... I have REALLY missed ya'll! 


Yesterday the professional photographers came over and shot the virtual tour, and took tons of photos for the internet sites. I saw the preliminaries today, and can't wait to show you the results tomorrow... it's AMAZING how the pros make your house look! And hopefully I will have the link to the virtual tour to share with you as well.

Moving is a LOT of work, and when we moved here 3 1/2 years ago, I didn't think we would be doing it again so soon, but during our time here, we have realized that we would rather live a more 'urban' lifestyle. My husband, who travels a LOT would prefer to be closer to DFW International Airport, and I want be closer to shopping and we both really miss the variety of dining and entertainment choices that more populated areas have to offer. 
We moved out of the Dallas/Fort Worth 'metroplex' 17 years ago when our kids were very young  so that they could attend an exemplary school district in the much smaller town of Aledo. After they both graduated and moved out of the house, we moved here to a resort style community located outside of Denton, and even though it certainly has it's perks, it happens to be at least 20 minutes to the nearest grocery store! 
Moving back to the 'city' will be very different for us, but it's a change that we are both looking forward to.

I want to personally thank all my followers and visitors for being so patient with me during the lack of posts I have had lately, I plan to start posting again on a regular basis with lots of updates, tips and trials of trying to sell our house in this crazy market.

All the best, 
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment