Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Breakfast Room Sideboard

After I moved the China Cabinet from the Breakfast Room to the Formal Dining Room (here) it left a 'gap' that needed to be filled.


Breakfast Room BEFORE  I moved the china cabinet.
 I thougth about moving the large console table behind the sofa in the Family Room over to that wall, but it was WAY too big for the space, so I decided to move the Bar from the Lounge area to fill the void and make it more of a Sideboard a'la Pottery Barn style.



Breakfast Room with the Bar/Sideboard
 I removed all the liquor and barware from the shelves and put it all in the Chinese Cabinet (see that post here) in order to free up the shelves for dishware.



I put rolled napkins on a banana leaf tray on the top rack in place of wine bottles



I like how the white dishes 'pop' off of the espresso stained wood. 

On the top of the Sideboard, I have the Chalkboard Menu that I made yesterday (the how to, here) next to an old willow picnic basket.


On top of the basket I stacked a few cookbooks for color and some old bottles for sparkle.



This is the cute bud vase that was part of the giveaway that I told you I won from Gypsy Heart blog




I think after re-dressing it, the Bar makes a nice Sideboard, and is certainly much better suited now for the Breakfast Room than when it was in service as a full blown Bar.

Now I have to figure out what's going to fill the 'gap' that was left when the Bar was moved from the Lounge . . . ahh, the never ending cycle of decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment