Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Summery Chicken Salad Croissants

I have been making this Chicken Salad recipe for years.  It's been my 'go to' recipe for picnics, luncheons and showers, and now I can add a cross country move to it's list of occasions.  Our son and his wife are moving from Texas to Tennessee today, and he asked if I would make these sandwiches for them to take on the drive. Since they are traveling with their cat, and will not be able to leave her in a hot car while they eat out on the way, I happily agreed to make a batch of this family favorite along with some cubed melons to send with them, and of course I had to treat myself with some for lunch today.


Summery Chicken Salad on Croissants

6 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 1/4 cups sliced celery
1 8oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 1/4 cups reduced fat mayonnaise
2 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
6  large Croissants, or 12 petite size if serving at luncheons or showers.

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside
Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients and add to chicken mixture, tossing well to coat.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
Stir in walnuts and serve on warmed sliced croissants.


I hope you give this recipe a try, and enjoy it as much as my family has over the years.





No comments:

Post a Comment