Tuesday, 21 June 2011

The Courtyard Reveal


Back in April I posted about my pathetic looking Courtyard titled "Outdoor Space Rivalry", and after 54 days, 10 projects, 1 tornado, 5 hail storms and too many days of 30 plus MPH winds to count, and a handful of 100 degree days later... I am proud to present the REVEAL!

I won't bore you with lots of verbiage on this post, instead I'll just show you numerous photos with captions... mostly because today I'm also posting the Backyard Patio Reveal (here).
Each space has it's own style, the Courtyard has a feminine "English Garden" feel and the Backyard Patio has more of a masculine "Global Attitude".

So without further adieu, I present to you the COURTYARD!





This is the view from the front door looking toward the Porte Cochere



Looking from the Porte Cochere toward the front door




Trellis next to the entry has Bougainvillea growing on it.




The other side of the entry is a Hibiscus topiary next to the Vacation Memory Chair


To the right of the chair is a Luna Hibiscus ready to bloom



On the other side of the guest bedroom window is a pair of Hawaiian Plumeria potted in the faux terra cotta pots (see tutorial here)





Opposite the Courtyard entry is another chair that is used for a plant stand

The table next to this chair is an old sun dial that's missing it's dial

On the wall is a pair of wrought iron plaques with Morning Glories growing up twine and Crape Myrtle in the front





I made all the pillows with outdoor fabric in blues and greens here



The Ficus trees offer shade and privacy, the tutorial for the containers they are in can be seen (here) 



The DIY Pottery Barn Lanterns (here) I made look perfect in this space



My Son made me the small blue pot for Mother's Day when he was in grade school,
he's in college now!
 This is the view of the Courtyard from the driveway


The view from the street looking through the Porte Cochere


I hope you enjoyed the tour of the Courtyard, be sure to check out it's rival... the Back Patio (here)




I will be joining these fun parties...

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Delightful Order for Delightfully Inspiring










No comments:

Post a Comment