Monday, 27 June 2011

A DIY Chalkboard Menu

I finally got around to doing something with one of the unused frames from my "Under-the-Bed" stash of frames, canvases and prints. 

This was an easy peasy project that took no time at all and really helped give the Bar,  more of a Sideboard look .  After the  furniture swicth-a-roo a week or so ago, I had to do something to make that piece of furniture work in the Breakfast Nook . . .  more on that tomorrow.



All I did was adhere a piece of cardboard cut to the same size of the glass from the frame, with spray adhesive to one side of the glass to give it a little more stability, and then painted the other side of the glass with Chalkboard paint.


I painted the frame with some off white flat paint, sanded it here and there, rubbed some wood stain to age it a bit, then highlighted it with some Titanium White artist paint.



Put the whole thing back together with an an extra piece of cardboard cut to size to help hold the glass in place, and that was it! Easy Peasy and cute to boot!


I will be linking up to these fun parties...




No comments:

Post a Comment