Thursday, 2 June 2011

Vacation Destination Memory Chair


A year ago this month, We went on a vacation of a life time to Spain. To commemorate that trip, I decided to incorporate all the destinations on one of the two chairs that where part of the old patio set that was on our courtyard.


Instead of getting rid of the chairs, I decided to use them to flank the the guest bedroom window that overlooks the courtyard as plant stands.

I knew that I wanted to stencil something on the chairs, such as our address. That idea would take care of one of them, but what would I put on the other chair?

My sweet Hubby is in the process of planning this years big trip to Guayaquil and El Mirador Ecuador and possibly the Galapagos Islands to visit our daughter who a Peace Corp Volunteer in that area. This gave me my "light bulb moment" and I decided to put our international vacation destinations on the chairs, starting with Spain!








I used old school style alphabet stencils from Hobby Lobby and some off white exterior paint and stenciled the cities in the order that we visited them.

I think this will make a great conversation piece for when we are entertaining guest on the courtyard or just when we want to take a trip down memory lane, and stenciling the other chair with the cities we visit in Ecuador will give me something to  look forward to when we get back.


I will be linking to these fun parties!

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Fridays

At The Picket Fence for Instiration Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Diamond in the Stuff for Time to Shine

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell

Delightful Order for Delightfully Inspiring Thursday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow us Wednesday






No comments:

Post a Comment