Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Fall is in the air?

Today here in North Texas we are in the grip of a record breaking heat wave, I think were on our bazillionth day in a row of triple digit temps with no relief in sight... but as far as I'm concerned Fall is in the air!

How do I know this?  Well... for starters, the Dallas Cowboys have their first preseason game tomorrow night, I saw a mannequin in the window of Aeropostale last weekend wearing multi-layered sweaters (at least 6) and a Elmer Fudd style hunter's hat (guessing that's the new style), AND my birthday is fast approaching, which happens to be on the first day of Fall... September 23rd!

So despite the heat, I started Fallifying (new word, I just made up) my house... nothing too over the top, I haven't drug out the Crate & Barrel branches, twigs and dryed leaves just yet, and the pumpkin dishes are still safely packed in boxes. I just wanted a few small reminder that it's coming.

Here is a sneak peek!


Just a few leaf shaped plates with small amber tea lights scattered down one side of the dining room table...


A Pier One table runner with embroidered leaves down one edge...


Some fruit placed on stacked cake stands...



It's as if just putting out these few little reminders that Fall is just around the corner, made it feel like the temperature in my house drop 10 degrees... Guess I better go put on 6 sweaters and a hunters hat!

Joining...

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday

Stuff and Nonsense for Fridays Unfolded

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Delightful Order for Delightfully Inspiring Thursday

No Minimalist Here for Open House

A Creative Princess for It's a Party!

Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life





No comments:

Post a Comment