Sunday, 21 August 2011

The good, the bad, and the stupid


We've all done it... at least I hope I'm not the only one.
You know what I'm talking about, painting something that should have been left alone, and then regretting it later.
This is a story of exactly that...

Take a perfectly good mirror from Pier One...



Add a bad spray paint job...



And you get STUPID!



Yep, that's exactly what you get...


What was I thinking?
Why spray paint a gorgeous copper framed mirror?
I'll tell you why I did it... it was during my (short lived) Black & White phase when everything in my decor was B&W with silver/gray accents.
The copper mirror fell victim to a fad.
I wonder how many of the things that we are painting left and right, that later, in hindsight will be deemed STUPID!
Thankfully this act of stupidity was able to be rectified... but not without a LOT of work.

Scraping...


Steaming (yes that's a Shark steam mop)...


Yelling...



Waxing...


Praying...

                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

And finally...





A lesson (hopefully) learned!
















No comments:

Post a Comment