Tuesday, 23 August 2011

A lion among ladies is a most dreadful thing

In A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare wrote... "A lion among ladies is a most dreadful thing"


No offence to Mr. Shakespeare, but this lady loves lions, and finds nothing dreadful about them at all...
I have many august 'lions' in my family and circle of friends, I also have a pride of lions in my decor.


The urn has two lion faces, the clock has lion feet and two faces on both sides, the mirror has a small lions face hidden in the leaves.



There's just something so regal and stately about lions.







So bold in their stature.


This set of crocodile embossed leather bookends has opposing lions sitting on top of each.




This set of bookends, one lion looks as if it is smiling, the other looks more stern.


This one is a french watercolor, that is part of my floor to ceiling wall gallery.



I love my little pride of lions, they remind me that...
"The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1








No comments:

Post a Comment