Friday, 30 September 2011

A broke tree and a dead June bug

We had a thunder storm roll through the Dallas, Ft. Worth area last night that gave us some much needed rain here in drought stricken Texas. The strong winds rearranged most of the plants on the court yard, which is no big deal, it happens so often that we have the large pots of ficus trees bolted down, but I certainly wasn't expecting this!


This is one of the two little red oaks that my Man and I planted in 2009 to commemorate our 28th wedding anniversary and our first year in this house.


I don't know how strong the wind gusts were last night, but it just snapped this little baby in two! When I checked the rain gauge to see how much we got...


Empty! Not a drop! The strong winds must have been  blowing the rain sideways, because there was nothing in that gauge except a dead June bug!



 I guess my poor little broken tree will find it's way into my fall decor (the dead June bug will stay put)... SEE there really is a bright side to everything!

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment